What REALLY Is Continuous Improvement in Aviation SMS?
The objectives of every aviation safety management system (SMS) is to:
- Proactively manage safety in a formal, structured manner;
- Identify potential operational hazards;
- Determine risk to operations and affected stakeholders; and
- Implement control measures to mitigate identified risk.
From a regulator's perspective, they are primarily interested in:
- Whether your company has implemented all required SMS elements; and
- Whether you can demonstrate continuous improvement of your aviation SMS.